Sunday, February 4, 2018

Vapnartak Weekend

An enjoyable trip to York today to the Vapnartak show and to catch up with various friends.  It was good to see Andy, Andy, Andy, Mark, and Mark as well as Jamie, Carl, Kenny, Will, and Annie.

I didn't take any photos this year but here's a pic of what I bought.


I've bought a second pack of Republican Roman cavalry from Curteys.  They'll form the cavalry ala of my second, Italian allied, legion.

The Tumbling Dice pack is a second set of WW1 Turkish infantry, which will give me a whole platoon (or a battalion in our bath-tubbed Andreivia campaign).

And finally, some very nice dark ages women defending their village with assorted improvised weapons - just the thing for our Lion Rampant Bacaudae games (or Argad if we decide to do some more).

I also bought some other stuff but I'm not allowed to tell you about that because it has to be wrapped up and given back to me on my birthday.

4 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Nice to see you too. Looks like a good haul.

For the Turks, I have the new Strelets Turks in Arab dress, so will try and get these ready for Crisis Point.

Cheers, Andy

Counterpane said...

Great!

Don't remember if I asked you already: do you want to be the Turk commander on the Black Sea front?

Andy Canham said...

Hi Richard,

I'm happy to fit in as needed. Bolstering up the Sick Man of Europe can't be all bad.

Cheers, Andy

Counterpane said...

Great! :-)