Thursday, April 20, 2017

A Few Numidians

I continue to blame Simon Miller for my totally unnecessary impulse to build a collection of 28mm Ancients for Basic Impetus and To The Strongest!  The latest symptom of his insidious influence is this horde of Numidian light cavalry.


I'm largely ignorant as to the manufacturers; out of the figures came second hand from eBay.  A few of the horses are Plains Indians from Foundry; left-overs from creating Zebra Riders for Glorantha.


Next up I'm working on some Numidian infantry to go alongside these guys.  They're Victrix plastics and they're rather good!


7 comments:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Nice work Mr C :-)

BigRedBat said...

Yes very nice!

I'm buying some more Numidians, tomorrow. :-)

Counterpane said...

Thanks. Have you tried the Victoria ones, Simon? I like their nice thin javelins.

Counterpane said...

Bloody autocorrect! I mean Victrix.

BigRedBat said...

Hi Richard, no... my minis see a lot of hard service and (in general) I stick to metal. I find there is more maintenance with plastics.

Andy Canham said...

Looking good!

Cheers, Andy

Counterpane said...

Simon,

Over the years I've found the major cause of post-game repair has been reattaching spears to the hands of, mostly metal, cavalry of various kids. Though I did have the gun come off and Airfix Panzer IV at the last kids' game.