Monday, December 12, 2016

Bridge of Size

A few years ago I found an Airfix pontoon bridge going cheap so of course I grabbed it.  


I brought it out the other day to see if it might be useful for a forthcoming Andreivia game I'm planning.  I suspect it won't as it has a pretty enormous span but I was struck by the "Skill" marker on the front of the box.  It's apparently a Level 2 kit.  Seriously guys, Level 2?


Looking at the instruction sheet I see thirteen pieces.  All of which, from memory (I had one of these as a kid), clip together without needing any adhesive.


I'm really struggling to imagine what a Level 1 kit might look like.

6 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Bridge of size..Groan! :-)
I remember the Thing as being Clip together as well..might be wrong though, it was a while back.
Level one? Already built? :-)

Counterpane said...

Eh thang yew. I'm here till Tuesday. Try the veal.

Joakim Ström said...

Ah, the memories... lots of battles were fought over that bridge in days long gone.
The size looks manageable if one uses only one of the two segments.

Counterpane said...

Joakim,

You're right of course, I could use just one section.

Actually though I've had another idea for a game. Now does anyone make a 20mm scale lighthouse?

Richard

Unknown said...

I'll make you one if you want me to.
Cheers
Richard P

Counterpane said...

Richard,

Let's talk at the Christmas game.

Rich