Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Battle(s) of Stannington

A marathon weekend of gaming kicked off on Friday evening when Jamie and I, with the able assistance of Kevin Tingle, put on a couple of games of To The Strongest! using my Wars of the Roses collection.  This was the latest of a series of games I've organised for the kids of the local primary school.

As usual with these events I was too busy keeping the game running to take many photos but Kevin stepped up as official chronicler so Baron Counterpane of Storrs makes a rare appearance in the visual record this time.


I simplified the rules slightly for this game, leaving out Generals, march moves, command demoralisation, and ammunition resupply.

The scenario was a simple line-up-and-beat-the-crap-out-of-the-enemy affair. We managed to play it through twice.  Jelly beans worked well (I couldn't get chocolate coins) as victory medals.  Both games went to the wire with the winning side having just one remaining victory medal at the end.

If I recall correctly there was one win each for the houses of York and Lancaster.

Thanks Kevin and Jamie for your help.  I literally couldn't have done it without you!







3 comments:

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Great to see some of the little people showing an interest. Future Crisis Pointers in the making. Well done Richard.

Counterpane said...

Cheers, Richard. Good to see you on Saturday.

Geordie an Exiled FoG said...

Nice looking game and I can see the youth of the hobby are well engaged