Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Latest 1960s Technology

Having struggled with Renaissance POW for a week I decided to have a go at something I don't have to wrestle with.  I'm going to have another little solo game of Cold War Commander using 1960s kit.

In 1969, the British Army's  20 Trials Unit was evaluating the mounting of the Swingfire missile system on long wheelbase Landrovers.  I decided to have a go at building one.



The resulting unit is the result of a couple of hours' work on Monday evening and a further ten minutes on Tuesday morning to finish off the dry brushing and to attach the static grass.






4 comments:

Andy Canham said...

Very nice conversion/scratch build. Will you be converting a company's worth?

Cheers, Andy

Counterpane said...

Nope! It worked once; I don't want to push my luck. To be honest, Andy, I don't know if there were enough for one whole element in reality.

Next up I fancy doing something really obscure like an Orange William battery.

Tales from Shed HQ said...

Nice work Richard, is that the Land Rover OW launcher or the Centurion launcher with the trailer? They both would make interesting little conversions.
Cheers
Richard P

Counterpane said...

Not sure yet. More research needed.