Sunday, February 2, 2014

Vapnartak 2014

We went up to York today with Jamie and I going to Vapnartak whilst the rest of the family had a stroll around the city centre.

Vapnartak is a shopping-oriented show but I did manage to get a picture of this rather silly but well-modelled 28mm scale Battle of Trafalgar Square 1984 by the Border Reivers club.


I didn't buy much but what I did buy illustrates my complete inability to focus:


Top left is a blister pack of four Olmec statues from Ral Partha Europe.  My Pulp Alley collection is heading towards a Mexican setting so these may be useful.  

Bottom left are some Wars of the Roses banners from Freezywater Productions.  Henry Holland, duke of Exeter is in there and his retinue is my next unit in the project to focus on the Barnet-Tewkesbury campaign.

Bottom right is a 1/72nd scale plastic kit of a goods shed that should be useful for Tcherbevan.

Top right is something I bought from those nice guys at Grubby Tanks.  It was unmarked in their rummage box and they thought it was a gallows which I thought might have Andreivian or Pulpish uses.  On further inspection I suspect it may be some kind of medieval siege engine.  Further examination is called for.

4 comments:

Kaptain Kobold said...

"Battle of Trafalgar Square 1984"

Technical detail - had the area between the Square and the national Gallery been pedestrianised like that in 1984? ;-)

Counterpane said...

If you're going to solve all the problems of the Soviets getting to the UK in the first place via a single sentence, a little traffic regulation order is easy!

Tim Gow said...

Buying random stuff? We've all done that. But not knowing what you've bought? Now that demands respect!

Kaptain Kobold said...

"If you're going to solve all the problems of the Soviets getting to the UK in the first place via a single sentence, a little traffic regulation order is easy!"

I thought that they parachuted in when the whole country was distracted by the World Snooker Championship Final (obscure TV series reference) :-)